The Réunion des Musées métropolitains Rouen Normandie and Pinault Collection announce their joint initiative to present ten major works from the Pinault Collection, for one year, from June 5, 2019 to May 11, 2020, at the Musée des Beaux-Arts in Rouen.
The works of 10 British artists will interact with the masterpieces of the museum presented to in the permanent collection. Doing so, the Musée des Beaux-Arts wishes to strengthen the cultural links between Rouen and the British art scene, while underlining the extent to which contemporary creation is part of art history.
Pinault Collection, whose activity is deployed in its museums in Venice, Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana and soon in Paris, at the Bourse de Commerce, marks by its commitment to Rouen its attachment to partnerships with cultural operators all over France.
After presenting selections of works from the Collection in Lille (Tripostal), Dunkirk (Depoland), Colmar (Unterlinden Museum), Dinard (Palais des Arts), Paris (Conciergerie), Rennes (Jacobin Convent, Musée des Beaux-arts), it is with the museums of Rouen and its metropolis that a new form of collaboration is implemented.
List of the works (in alphabetical order) :
• Nigel COOKE, 1989, 2009.
• Paul FRYER, Pieta (The Empire Never Ended), 2007.
• GILBERT & GEORGE, Cry, 1984.
• Mark HANDFORTH, Candle (Dancing Smoke), 2008.
• Damien HIRST, Dark Soul, 2005.
• Thomas HOUSEAGO, Portrait Column I, 2012.
• Keith TYSON, The Bigger Picture Emerges (Gheno-Pheno Painting), 2004
• Jonathan WATERIDGE, Re-Enactment Society, 2008.
• Lynette YIADOM-BOAKYE, Uncle Of The Garden, 2014.
• Toby ZIEGLER, Phylogenetic fantasy, 2011.